Qin Tan (born in Beijing, China) graduated with a BFA in General Fine Arts from Maryland Institute College of Art in 2015.
Tan’s work is often introspective, exploring internal dialogues and methods of expression that are observant of what it means to be human in the present day. The subjects of her paintings range from surreal landscapes to symbolic stick man figures that occasionally morph into different objects and tools. They reflect and capture life in its most pure and primordial form—blue skies, green grass and a conscious observer that is looking for answers and meaning.
The artist is currently based in New Jersey, USA.
« This body of work is an introspective exploration of internal dialogues and
methods of expression that reflect on what it means to be human in the present
day. » – (Qin Tan)
SELECTED RECENT EXHIBITIONS
- 2021 Museum Belowground, JPS Gallery- Hong Kong, China (Upcoming)
- 2021 Let’s Connect, Marian Cramer Project- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2021 Being Human, Port Authority- NY, USA
- 2020 Not Your Monolith, COCA- Seattle, Washington, USA
- 2015 BA General Fine Arts, Maryland Institue College of Art- Baltimore, MD, USA
- 2013 Studio Art Center International SACI- Florence, Italy
RESIDENCIES + PROGRAMS
- 2019 Wassaic Project, Fellowship- Wassaic, NY, USA
- 2018 Vermont Studio Center, Artist Grant- Johnson, Vermont, USA
- 2017 NEXT STAGE Program, Fremont Abbey Art Center- Seattle, WA, USA
- 2014 Pantocrator Gallery- Shanghai, China
- 2021 ArtMaze Magazine Issue 22
- 2021 ArtMaze Magazine Issue 23
- 2017 Tacoma Artists Initiative Program Award- Tacoma, WA, USA
- 2016 Artist Trust, Grant for Art’s project “Glitch and Ambience”- Seattle, WA, USA